The Research Centre in Computer Science from West University of Timisoara, specialized in distributed and parallel computing as well as artificial intelligence, will adopt the paradigm of High Performance Computing as a Service to fulfill its aim to enter in the category of competitive European HPC providers.
The goal of HOST project is the transformation of the centre in the following directions:
- to widen the research and development knowledge and experience of the team in HPC services and their applications;
- to raise the number of users of the services of the data centre; to achieve the status of EU-regional supercomputing centre and stakeholder in national and international e-Infrastructure initiatives;
- to become a centre for supporting innovation and regional development.
The action plan to reach this goal includes:
- strong collaborations with European stakeholders in HPC,
- upgrades of the e-infrastructure,
- employment of experienced researchers,
- the organization of scientific events.